Chromecast is handy and compact device to stream media in an inexpensive way. Chromecast is puck like device which comes in different colours like coral, black and lemonade. Nowadays streaming devices are becoming popular day by day so, how can world’s biggest software company “Google “can step out of digital entertainment. This is the core reason why Google came out with its own streaming device name “Google Chromecast” to beat all competitors in this field like Roku, Apple and Amazon as they are doing extremely well. Once Google chromecast gets connected to your HDTV and smart TV, you can stream data from the internet easily. All this happens with the help of Google cast app. This app is available on both Android and iOS, so you can easily download and sync it and you are ready for casting your favourite content.
What Is Google Cast?
Google cast is an application that allows users to stream their favourite content from the internet directly to their TV screens. However, to use it you need a Google cast ready devices. Out of the lot Google Chromecast is the most reliable and affordable option but you also go for Android TV, though it is supposed to appear in- built, but hasn’t been there yet. Google Cast app was initially made for Chromecast only but now it supports various other networks as well.
How to use Google Cast:
Please ensure that Google cast is properly installed on your tablet or smartphone. Moreover, Google cast device and the smartphone should be on same Wi-Fi network. Once both are synced, it enables users to stream all types of content.
Google Cast Extension
You can also add an extension in your Google chrome browser and stream content from there. It is very simple to add Chrome extension. First search ‘Chrome extension for Google Cast ‘and click on the first link you come across from here you will be able to download and install the extension. After that you will be able to see the cast button, from there you can easily cast the video on your TV screen.
Apps that are compatible:
There are various apps that are compatible with Google Cast. These are YouTube, Google Play Movies, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Blinkbox, Google Play Music, Now TV, BT Sport and many more.
Issues related to Chromecast and Google Cast
Setup related issues
- Unable to connect to the selected Wi-Fi network.
- Cannot find your Wi-fi listed during www Chromecast setup.
- Can’t find Chromecast listed in set up Chromecast app.
- Unable to connect Chromecast physically.
- Can’t see Chromecast home screen on TV.
- Yellow Exclamation Mark appears on TV screen.
- Not able to do Google chromesetup from Samsung devices.
Casting related issues (TV)
- You are not able to cast from Google cast enabled app.
- Having problem in casting Android screen from the Google cast app.
- Not able to add YouTube app on iOS or Android device.
- Sound is not proper when casting Android screen.
Cast related issues (Chrome)
- Unable to see Google Cast Extension in Chrome browser.
- ‘No cast device found’ error coming up you need to take Chromecast help
- Purple or pink screen coming while casting from Chrome.
- Chromecast support to get Cast extension on Chrome.
- Video quality is not clear when casting a tab.
- Incomplete content while casting a tab.
- No sync between audio and video.
- Audio and/or video is missing while casting a tab.
- Video plays fine on PC, but gets frozen on TV.
Guest Mode related issues
- Not able to find guest mode pin on Chromecast’s backdrop.
- Pin is visible, but Cast icon is not present in Google Cast enable apps.
- Auto pairing for guest mode doesn’t work.
- Unable to play the request track.
- Network issues due to incomplete Google Chrome cast setup.
- Native plugins are not installed.
- UPnP is disabled in router.
Google Chromecast Setup: How To Do It In The Right Way?
Before getting to the whole procedure of setting up let’s take a look what all is required for the set up.
- A HDTV or Smart TV that has an HDMI port.
- USB port on the TV should be available
- A secured Wi-Fi network.
- An Android or iOS operated device on which the app will be installed.
How To Cast?
- Plug in your chromecast into the TV after connecting USB cable to it. Plug the other end of the cable into the open USB port on the TV.
- Make sure your TV, the Chromecast and the smartphone or tablet are on same Wi-Fi network.
- Just open your Google cast application and start streaming your favourite content on TV and for information you can go to www Chromecast com setup.
- In case, there is any problem in casting the content, then recheck the setup process by browsing www Google com Chromecast setup.
Support For Chromecast And Google Cast:
Support for chromecast and google cast is available on https://support.google.com/chromecast/ and here you can get all the assistance to setup Google chromecast. Every aspect is covered in details so that you easily set your device up.
It quite obvious you might miss a step or two while setting your gadget hope this doesn’t happen with you so, check https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/. This is the official website for Chromecast where you can find step-by-step guide to setup the device. Follow the instruction step by step so that you can cast your favourite movies and shows.