Chromecast’s Backdrop feature allows you to personalize your device. You can set some of your images or the collection of pictures of beautiful scenes as the backdrop images so that they could appear on the output screen of any of your media devices.
Chromecast allows you to make your television display your pictures and other interests at the home screen when you are not playing any content. It allows you to give a personal touch to your TV. The backdrop feature adds to the beauty of your device even while you are not playing any content on it. You can enable this option from any of your Google accounts. You need to have a Google home application to manage the Backdrop preferences. Google home app can be installed on any of your iOS or Android devices connected to an internet connection. In case you give a command to reset Factory data on the linked Chromecast device, then all the Backdrop preferences related with that Chromecast will be deleted.
Steps for Logging in to the Google account:
- Tap on the icon for Google Home application.
- Open the menu from the upper right side of the application’s home page.
- Touch on the triangle like icon present next to your name.
- Select the option to “Add Account” and choose the account type as Google.
- Enter your email address correctly.
- Type in your password accurately and click on the arrow like an icon to log in to your account.
- You might be asked for a special Login process if in case you opted for two step verification. Else if not opted for that, you will be logged in to your Google account.
You can also get Chromecast Help if you find any doubt or problem with your Chromecast device.
Now once you are login to your Google account, you can setup the Backdrop feature for your Chromecast device. So go through the following steps to setup the Backdrop feature.
- Open the application for Google Home on any of Android or iOS device.
- Connect this device to the same internet connection that is being used by your Chromecast device.
- Tap on the icon for Devices present on the top right corner of the app’s home screen.
- It will display you the list of available Chromecast devices or only show your single Chomecast device if there are no other Chromecast devices nearby.
- Tap on the icon for Device card menu that looks like three vertical dots. It is present in the upper right corner of the device card.
- Select the option for “Backdrop” settings.
- Read all the terms and condition and choose the option “Yes, I agree to all terms and conditions” to move further.
Now select the images, news, weather and many more options you want to add to the Backdrop feature of your Chromecast device. You can apply different pictures and other gadgets to rest other Chromecast devices depending upon the kind of requirement. It is not mandatory for you to select the Backdrop images from your device’s gallery as you can even select them from your Google photos, Facebook albums, Flicker albums, Play Newsstand, Art, Featured photos, Earth and space, etc.
So these were few steps you need to follow to setup the Backdrop feature with your Chromecast device. Hope the procedure proved to be useful to you. Also feel free to get more Google Chromecast Setup procedures.