It is important to mention here that all the streaming or casting experience depends on internet connection. If the network strength is poor due to some problem with the home-Wi-Fi network or problem with ‘Router or other network devices’ or in personal device settings. You can easily encounter any issues due to this. But there is nothing to worry by applying simple tricks, you can resolve the casting issues.
Configuring Chromecast for the first time
There is a number of ways to configure Chromecast as Google has introduced new products and software. You can check the guide available on Google.com.
If you have already configured the Chromecast but getting the problem with the casting
- Double check to make sure that you have connected both the devices on the same network.
- There are routers available in the market that offers you to connect to the multiple networks at the same time. If you have connected your Chromecast to a different network from that of phone or tablet, then this could be the reason behind the problem.
- To check the network to which you are currently connected, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open ‘Setting’ and click on the gear icon.
- Go to ‘Wi-Fi’ from the given menu.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and check the network you are currently connected to.
- Don’t forget to connect the HDMI cable to the TV and to the Chromecast.
- If your Chromecast is connected to some network, then you will find the Chromecast name on the TV screen.
- If your Chromecast is not connected to any network, then click to configure the network.
- If the networks on both the devices are different, then either change the network of your Chromecast or change the smartphone network to match with Chromecast network.
Device and Chromecast on the same network but still not able to cast
- Switch off your Chromecast device by turning off the power button from the socket.
- Turn off your smartphone and leave it off till further instructions.
- Turn off all the network devices like cable, modem or router and wait for 2 minutes.
- Turn on the devices again and wait for 2 minutes to re-establish the connection.
- Turn on the Chromecast and mobile device.
- Now, after 5 minutes check if the device started appearing on the screen or not.
- If you are still facing the same issue, then you can open Google troubleshooting page and read the instructions from there.
You are able to play the content but the quality of the video is poor or not up to the mark
In such condition, check the network first and ensure that the connection strength is proper on both the devices. If you are sitting in a different room and the network devices are available in the different room, then the connection strength may drop.
- Check the network name on both the devices.
- The close app from the smartphone and clear all cache.
- Open ‘Settings’ from the device and click on ‘Apps’.
- Go to App manager and Click on ‘Chromecast’
- Force close it and you will receive the confirmation message on the screen.
- Open ‘Storage’ and clear the app data and cache.
- Open the app again and check if the problem is resolved or not.
If the problem still exists, then restart your device by pressing the side button from the hardware.