The method of configuring Chromecast on Xbox one console is quite simple if you implement the steps properly. Yes, if you have forgotten any step or left by chance, then you may face trouble. When you configure Chromecast on Xbox one, the problem of switching from one device to another for streaming the content gets over and you can watch content seamlessly. Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of your Xbox one without disconnecting it from TV and download Chromecast app in your phone.
When you connect the Chromecast to the console, you don’t need to change the HDMI source from the TV remote. You can continue enjoying the Chromecast content with the same selected input given you must select right input from Xbox console. Yes, if your TV has limited ports, then you need to disconnect the device and plug another device for playing content.
Now, coming to the main concern, we are now going to discuss steps for configuring Chromecast on Microsoft Xbox console. Read all steps carefully before implementing on your device. You can also read on-screen instructions running on the right side of the screen.
- First of all, connect the one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of Chromecast and another to the HDMI port of Xbox Console.
- Now, open Xbox one app and open it on your TV screen.
- Press ‘A’ button from the Xbox remote to select the source. You can select satellite or cable.
- Wait till the Chromecast gets detected by the Xbox.
- You will find a ‘Connected’ message on the screen. It means your device has detected the Chromecast.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Now, you need to set some answers to the questions. If you want to do it later, then skip for a moment. You have to click on ‘Next’ option.
- Setup your Xbox and start controlling the TV with it.
- You will be asked to open the TV app or continue with the Xbox one to open the app automatically.
- Tap ‘Next’ to finish the setup process. You will now get the Chromecast logo on the TV screen reminding you that you are successfully connected to the Xbox.
This is how you can connect your Chromecast to the Xbox One console. Start watching your favorite show or movie from Chromecast app on Xbox console. You can select any source of media like phone or tablet. If you are able to get success, then its fine otherwise, contact Chromecast Support for further query and assistance.
Now, if you want to reset the Chromecast on your Xbox console, then the steps that need to be implemented are discussed below:
We always reset our Chromecast if we find a problem with the streaming or Chromecast is not getting connected to the Xbox console. To reset the Chromecast, you first go to ‘Settings’, then click on ‘TV’. Here, you need to select ‘Reset TV settings’.
How to cast without Chromecast: If you have not bought the Chromecast device yet due to some issue, then nothing to worry. There are some contents which you can watch with the help of the Chromecast app for Xbox. To watch YouTube on content through Chromecast, add an extension to the browser and connect the computer to the TV. Start casting content by pressing the ‘Cast’ button.