Google Chromecast is one of the best and affordable streaming devices that let you stream almost all your favorite content. You can not only cast content on the big screen of your TV but also on your laptop or PC. You can cast movies, videos, music, TV shows, and even photos from your Mac’s hard drive to Chromecast. It is just the matter of knowing the right apps and tools.
What you need
You will need a Google Chrome Cast Com Setup, any Mac computer, any active wi-fi connection from which you will connect your Chromecast and Mac both, Chrome browser, and Chromecast extension.
How to stream movies from Mac to Chromecast
We can start with movies where the Chromecast excels. With internet based movies Chromecast can be converted into a media center. But for the locally stored files things are a little bit different. Here you should check for the following two apps:
The simplest and the best app to stream videos to Chromecast is Airflow. Just drag and drop or add your videos, choose the right Chromecast and play. This is free app and fully supports playlists and plays a massive range of movie files with ease. You can customize the audio, video, and subtitles to get everything just the way you like it.
Video stream (free, in-app purchases)
Airflow misses a companion mobile app and it doesn’t remember your last playback point. If those are important for you, then you must check out for Video stream for Chromecast, which is browser based app for Chromecast.
This app is a freemium, which means that some of its features are free, but for others you need to pay. In the free version, you will not be able to make playlists, and change the appearance of subtitles. For more information or in case of any query or difficulty, you can visit www Chromecast Com Setup.
How to stream music from Mac to Chromecast
Like any other laptop, MacBook also has low volume. The best idea is to use external speakers or headphone. If the connected speakers of your Tv is better than your Mac, then you can use it. You can stream the audio of your Mac till the time Chromecast is connected.
What you will need
- Download and install Sound flower, which allows Mac apps to pass their audio to other apps.
- Download the Sound cast app as well.
- Double click the sound cast zip file to extract the files
- Now drag the Soundcast.app in your application folder.
- Double click on the Sound cast application for running it.
- Click on the Sound cast icon in your OS X menu bar to see the cast option in the drop-down menu.
- Choose the right Chromecast and now any audio from your Mac computer will be played via speakers of your TV. Chromecast Setup Laptop can be used to have the Chromecast setup on your laptop.