When we talk of media streaming players, the Google Chromecast is among the top of the list. This is the best media players for casting the contents on the big screen. You only need Chromecast setup on your smartphone device to play contents via it. In spite of such advantages, there were several users who are quite disappointed with it and they are continuously complaining about the network notifications which they are not getting on their android phone when someone else on the same network is trying to playback contents via same Chromecast device.
Google Chromecast has recently released a new update in which you will get notification option with your player. You can control the playback function of your Google com Chromecast setup through your device after receiving the notification. Some of the Chromecast users have complained on our forum that their device keeps on streaming the contents without being initiated by them. This mainly happens when you are connected to the busy network because too many users are connected to the same network and anyone out of them can play the contents on the device.
If you want to disable the notification on other devices, which are currently connected to the same network, then follow the below mentioned tricks and tips. By applying these tips, you can prevent yourself from being disturbed by another person. He/she will not be able to mess up with your things which you have currently opened on your Chromecast device. The recent update in the Google Chromecast has introduced a toggle switch that disables or enable the network notifications for your google home and Chromecast device.
Now, we are going to discuss step by step guide with you to disable or enable the notification related to the network on the device screen.
- Unlock the home screen of your phone and go to ‘Google home’ app.
- Click on ‘Devices’ button fixed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and check the list of devices. Select the device which you want to bar from receiving the notifications related to Google chrome cast setup.
- Open the menu button by clicking on the card of device.
- You will find ‘Let other control your media playback’ option here. Click to disable it.
If you compare the recent update with the previous update introduced by Google in the google home, then there are lots of things which are changed. In an earlier update, you can disable the notification on one device at a time but in the latest update, you can disable notifications for the whole network even. So if you are playing the contents through your Chromecast device, the notification will pop up on the other device connected to the same network.
If you have not updated the google home app yet, then go to the official link. You will find live update running on the main screen. You can download and install it from there. If you don’t know how to setup Chromecast on an Android device, then follow the Chromecast comsetup link and follow on-screen instructions.
Apart from this, if you want to control pop up notifications on your device as well, then you can do this by following the simple steps mentioned here as under.
- Open the app Settings.
- Go to personal section and click ‘Google’. Here you will find ‘Cast media control’ option. Click on it.
- Turn the slider to switch off the notifications.
- If you want to enable it again, then follow the same steps and enable the casting media controls on your device.