Watching YouTube videos on TV is not as easier as it sounds like. It needs a media streaming player, a good internet connection with HDMI or USB supported LED TV. In case you are getting the problem in watching the content from YouTube.com or from YouTube app, then you can follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- You must ensure that the device or the computer is connected to the same wireless network available at home.
- If you don’t know the Wi-Fi network to which your Chromecast device is connected, then you can open the link from the ‘Chromecast page’ and check the currently connected network.
- To check the Wi-Fi network on the smartphone or any other device, you need to go through the steps mentioned here as under:
- From the home screen, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-fi’ and click on ‘Network that matches the Chromecast device’.
- From your computer, go to ‘Wi-Fi’ settings and click on the network to which the Chromecast device is connected.
- Select video now from the YouTube app or from YouTube.com. You can select either of the sources depending on the availability of the device.
- Click the ‘Cast’ button to start casting the video. You will find this button on the top right of the screen. From the YouTube.com interface, you will find it at the bottom right of the player.
Note: if you are using the Chrome browser, then you can directly open the video on your TV screen by opening www.YouTube.com.
- Select your Chromecast device: Click to select the Chromecast device you want to connect to. Tap ‘Play’ followed by Content. The TV connected to the Chromecast device will start displaying the content.
- Stop casting the content by clicking on ‘Disconnect’ if the problem is still at large.
While playing the videos from smartphone or tablet, you can continue using your phone in routine. There is no need to pause or stop the video. To play, pause or navigate to the scrollbar, use your device as normally would be playback. If you want to again cast the content on your TV screen, then press ‘Cast’ button again. Select your phone from the list of devices available.
Playing more than one video back to back: If you are currently playing one video, then you can continue adding more and more videos in the queue. It will automatically get played one after another. The ‘Add to queue’ option is available on the screen, from where you can easily add the videos. To check the queue, click on ‘Logo’ followed by the ‘Back’ button to see the TV queue. Any device connected to the wireless network can cast the videos and add to the queue.
Note: If the video is not approved for playback, you won’t be able to play it through Chromecast.
If you want smooth or buffer less playback of content, then click on ‘Adaptive bitrate streaming’. This will auto-downgrade the quality of video depending on the speed of the network. You don’t need to downgrade it manually again and again.
The casting of videos is possible with the YouTube app, YouTube music app, YouTube.com on Chromecast. If you are getting any problem with the streaming, then you can implement the steps or ask the experts.