VLC Player might always be the best free way to see the DVDs and media files on your computer and Android phone. However, if you are using it as your default player, then you must be known to the fact that it doesn’t support Chromecast Set Up or Android or computer currently.
But, you need not worry, as now you can use VLC player to watch media files and then cast it to your TV via Google Chrome Cast Setup. It just takes some simple steps to be followed properly and your wish will be fulfilled.
How to stream VLC Player to Chromecast from PC
Now streaming a file from VLC to your Chromecast is very simple and easy and all thanks to Chrome VLC plugin and Cast Extension of Google. But, since the launch of version 42 of Chrome browser, you can’t stream files very easily. Instead you need a cumbrous but fast workaround to complete this job. Follow these steps or you can also take www Chromecast Setup:
- Buy a Google Chromecast.
- Install Google Chrome browser and ass the cast extension of Google to it.
- Noe do the Google Chromecast Setup to work with your PC or Mac.
- Open the VLC Player and open the media file that you want to stream to your TV.
- Open a new tab in Chrome browser using Google cast, select the option of cast screen/window (experimental).
- Now your entire computer desktop will be streaming to Chromecast.
- Now Click back to VLC Player and knock it into full screen mode and that’s it. You have got your VLC player streaming to your TV set vis Chromecast.
How to stream VLC Player to Chromecast from Android
Currently VLC Player for Android doesn’t come with Chromecast support. It means now you are left with the one of the two options-one is to find an alternate Android video player that streams to Chromecast and the other is follow the long-winded battery draining way because you really want to use VLC Player only. Follow these steps, if the latter option is your choice:
- Do the Chromecast App Download and install on your Android device and pair your Chromecast to it.
- Open the VLC play begin the file that you want to cast.
- Now open the app of Chromecast.
- Click on the button of menu and select the option of cast screen / audio.
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to cast the screen of your device to your Chromecast.
- Now go back to the VLC player and full screen your video and that’s it, you are done now.