Google recently rolled out an update for Chromecast devices in order to enhance its working. However, there are some users who have started getting problem after updating the OS to the latest version. If you are facing the problem, then you might have heard on the internet that Google is advising its users to fix this problem by rebooting their devices.
Sometimes, even a smart device can get an irreparable bug, which cannot be fixed by any means. You can only fix it by deleting the files from the system and set up the system again. This process is quite simple but will delete all your files from Chromecast. Let’s discuss this in details.
To start the process, connect your Chromecast to the TV and to the network.
Factory reset for modern Chromecast
- Open home menu from smartphone and click on the Chromecast app installed on your phone. If it is not available, then you can download it from the app store.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Main menu’. A vertical three lines on the top of the screen will appear along with the Chromecast name given behind it.
- Click on ‘Factory Reset’ from the main menu. You will find this option at the vertical ellipses given next to the menu on the top.
- Confirm your name: Click ‘Ok’ to confirm the name of your Chromecast. This is how your Chromecast will factory reset. Now, configure the media player again.
- Perform hard reset: This is optional. If the settings option doesn’t display the hard reset menu, then you can go with this process. To hard reset, the device, press the button given at the back of Chromecast for 15 seconds. The light will first blink orange than white. Release the button there after.
Factory resetting of older models of Chromecast:
- Open Chromecast app on your computer. You will find the desktop shortcut of this app on the screen. If no such app is available on the screen, then you need to open the control panel and open it from there.
- Open settings: Open settings for the one which is creating a problem. This case arises if more than one Chromecast is connected to the same network.
- Click on factory reset: We recommend you to try this feature only if you have tried other troubleshooting steps. You need to setup the Chromecast again after this step.
- Click ‘Reset’: The Chromecast will be reset after you click on ‘Reset’. You need to start the setup process again. If the problem is still infuriating you, then you can call at Chromecast customer support.
- Press back button: If after implementing the above-mentioned steps, you are still facing the same issue, then press the black button given at the back of your device to factory reset it. You need to press the back button for at least 20 seconds until you get a message on the screen. You will find the light started blinking. After some minutes, your Chromecast will be reset. You can start using the Chromecast again after setting up on your device.
This is how you can perform factory reset operation on new and older Chromecast models. We hope you must have understood the steps and you will surely get success after this.