Are you getting the problem in setting up guest mode on your Chromecast media streaming player? If yes, then here’s a quick guide for you. For your information, we want to mention here that Guest mode can be enabled on any device which supports Google home app. With guest mode, you can cast content from your Android and iOS devices. If the below-mentioned steps or problems are not the ones which you are searching for, then you can contact at Chromecast support.
Now, we are going to discuss various issues encountered while setting up Guest mode on your Chromecast device. If you are using Google home app, then these errors or problem may encounter on the screen.
- Not able to find the Guest PIN on your Chromecast backdrop: If you are getting this problem, the following steps must be implemented on your device. These steps must be implemented in same order.
- On the top corner of device card, go to ‘Menu’ then ‘Guest mode’.
- Enable it.
- Switch the guest mode to off, then ON. Check if you are seeing the PIN on device card or not.
- If the problem still persists, then reboot your Chromecast. The rebooting steps are simple. Just plug out the Chromecast from the socket and wait for 2 minutes. Plug the Chromecast back into the power supply.
Can’t find cast icon inside Chromecast enabled app:
- You must check that Guest mode is enabled on an android phone running 4.3 or higher OS version.
- Check the wireless settings of your home network. For this, go to ‘Wi-Fi’ settings followed by ‘Advanced’ menu.
- Connect to 2.4 GHz frequency band network.
- Check the data plan by tapping on ‘settings’. Go to ‘Data usage’ and click on ‘Restrict data’. Check if this option is disabled or not.
- The automatic pairing didn’t work with audio tones: In case you are getting this problem then follow the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot this problem.
- You must ensure that your TV volume is not muted and it must be set to desired volume level which is comfortable for your ears. The level at which you listen to normal TV.
- Check the distance between your TV and Chromecast. It should not be more than 10 feet to 12 feet.
- Check the speaker on your android device. It should not be blocked. This may affect the audio pairing.
- Audible clicks when connecting to guest mode: If you are a golden ager, then you may not report this problem but if you are a teenager, then chances of listening to the clicks audio are more because teenagers can easily detect the ultrasonic range. The ultrasonic sound will play each time you press any button from your Chromecast device.
In this way, you can troubleshoot the problem of Chromecast in guest mode. We hope you find this information helpful from your Chromecast point of view. In case you have any doubt or problem, you can get in touch with chromecast support team. They are well versed and experienced in their field so, they will troubleshoot the problem in a much convenient manner.