Chromecast is a type of device that is meant for casting the content on TV screen with the help of internet. You can connect any smartphone, tablet or PC/laptop to your Chromecast to beam the content. This device will then act as a source for casting the content. Despite having astounding features, Chromecast is still an electronic device that is vulnerable to several issues that may arise anytime and without warning. If you are getting any type of issue with your Chromecast, then the best fix to all problems is reset the device.
There are mainly three ways to reset your Chromecast. Today, we are going to discuss these three ways with you. You can try any of these on your Chromecast. If you find any problem, you can call us at Chromecast support number.
Using the Chromecast desktop app
- Open Chromecast app on your computer. This icon is available on the home screen of your computer. If it is not available then search it under installed programs menu.
- You will find a list of programs installed on the computer. Locate Chromecast app from there and click on it.
- This method of resetting is possible only and only if Chromecast app is installed on your computer.
- If more than one Chromecast is installed in your computer, then select the right one from them.
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Reset’ button. This option is available at the bottom of the menu.
Using Chromecast mobile app
- If you have already downloaded the app in your Android or iOS phone, then its ok, otherwise download the app from play store if using an Android phone. Downloading the app in iOS is possible, but you will not be able to reset the device from the app. You can use this app for playback function only.
- Click on three lines given at the left side of the screen. The menu color or appearance may vary depending on the phone model. If you are using the older version of the app, then you may run into a streaming issue.
- Go to settings.
- You will find ‘Factory reset’ option here. Click on this option. It is worth mentioning here that your whole data will get deleted after this step.
- Click ‘Next’.
Resetting using Reset button
- Search for Reset button on your reset device.
- A device must be plugged in while performing resetting function.
- Press reset button given next to MicroUSB port for at least 15 seconds.
- A green light on Chromecast top will start blinking. A reset message will also start flashing on the screen.
- Setup Chromecast now. This is the last step in performing resetting function.
Once you did with the Chromecast resetting, you are required to configure the Chromecast again. When you factory reset your device, your whole data from the system will get erased and you can’t retrieve it. The best way you can follow is to take backup of your data first, then perform reset function. In case you are having any problem, you can get in touch with Chromecast support.