To push off certain problems from Chromecast including ‘No cast destination found’, you can follow the steps mentioned on the post. After this, you can stream your favorite movies or show seamlessly without any trouble.
‘No cast destination found’ is a common error encountering on almost 40% of Chromecast media player users TV screen. This error is no doubt annoying but can be easily fixed through simple tricks and steps. The steps going to be discussed on the page are applicable on Chromecast stick, Built-in Chromecast and Chromecast built-in speakers.
Steps for troubleshooting:
- Check internet connection at home: The internet connection you have subscribed at home must be checked before connecting Chromecast to it. If the speed of the network is poor, you won’t be able to stream and find ‘No casting source available on screen’. Try connecting other smart devices to the same network.
- Try google home app: As said earlier, if you have a smartphone in your pocket, then download google home app and try playing content through it.
- Turn on 2.4 GHz band for Chromecast: You can operate Google Chromecast on 2 frequencies mainly on 2.4 and 5 GHz. If you are using 2.4 GHz frequency on the router, then set the same on your Chromecast. Disable AP if any on your router.
- Check OS: Don’t forget to check the OS version of Chromecast. There are some browsers that support the only the latest version of Chromecast. If you are facing any difficulty in streaming the content or find ‘No caste destination found’ message on the screen, then update the OS to the latest version by downloading and installing it on Chromecast.
- Casting available on other devices: If you are facing problem in casting the content from the individual device, then it is quite sure that the problem is within the device itself. You need to troubleshoot this device.
- Restart your wireless router by removing the cords of power supply from it. Connect them back to the supply after 20 seconds.
- Check whether the streaming device and the source device are connected to the same network or not. If the SSID is different, you will find a problem in streaming.
- Check the browser from where you are trying to play videos.
- Download the latest version of chrome browser by connecting to its official page. You can check the current version installed in it from the settings menu.
- If any VPN service is enabled on the device, then disable it once and check if the problem has been resolved or not. There are some VPNs that don’t allow streaming from virtual locations or due to security concern.
- Check whether the firewall or Antivirus is enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, then disable it for a moment and then try playing the content. Sometimes, Firewall or Antivirus doesn’t allow you to play content due to security reasons or data breaching issue.
Additional steps: If after implementing the above-mentioned steps, you are still getting the same problem, then the desperate remedy is to ‘reset all the devices including router, modem, and Chromecast.