If you have landed on this page, then you might be searching for a solution to configure Chromecast media player on Mac. Well, we are now going to discuss the steps to configure Chromecast on Mac. First of all, unpack the device from the box and take out all the necessary items from the box. The list of things you will find in the Chromecast box include:
- Chromecast dongle.
- USB Type A and Type B.
- Extension cable for HDMI connection.
- Power supply.
How to set up the device?
- Connect the Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port of Chromecast. If you want to connect the cable to the power adapter directly, then you have to use Type B USB cable. If you want to connect to TV USB port, then use Type A USB cable.
- You can connect the HDMI extension cable to the Chromecast if space is limited at the back of your TV. This cable will help the Chromecast in getting the proper signal strength.
- Switch on the TV and select the right channel input from the list of channels. The channel should be the one that is connected to Chromecast.
How to setup Chromecast on Mac?
After connecting the hardware to the TV, you are to select the device from where you want to control your Chromecast. For this, the device, here we are talking off Mac and the Chromecast must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You have to select the same SSID and password of your network. Launch the browser and connect the Chromecast by entering the URL in the address space.
- Click to download Chromecast DMG.
- Install Chromecast based app in your device from the list of apps.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
Launch app, it will start looking for the nearby Chromecast device.
Note: As we have mentioned earlier that the Chromecast and the Mac machine must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for proper communication and streaming. Another thing to remember is to connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi frequency. If both the devices are on different frequency, then you won’t be able to communicate with each other. Once the device gets connected, you will find ‘successful’ message on the screen.
You will be asked to enter the current location and origin. If you want to get news, local entertainment or sports from the local location, then you must add the location.
Now, it’s the time to activate the device online. Enter the code as appeared on the TV screen on the official website of Chromecast. If there is no activation code available on the screen, then it means there is some problem with the connection.
Check the Wi-Fi connection and see if you are connected to the right SSID or not. If SSID is right, then are you entering a right password for it? Change the Chromecast name if you are asked to do so. There is no need to enter any special character in the name of the Chromecast. Open Mac browser and enable Chromecast extension on it.
This is how you can configure the Chromecast on Mac. For any support or assistance, you can contact Chromecast support team and share your problem with them. They will guide you according to the best possible means available with them.